Melissa, Assistant Director of Admissions
Since we are just about in the heart of application season here at SUNY Potsdam, I thought I would give everyone a quick list of application do’s and don’ts.
- Submit the Common Application or the SUNY Application.
- Send us an official high school transcript or complete the SOAR.
- To complete the supplemental application, submit an essay and a letter of recommendation.
- Be sure to proof your essay and letter of recommendation.
- Remember to pay the $50 application fee or apply for a fee waiver.
- Try to schedule an admissions interview and tour. If you can’t make it to the campus, call and speak with an admissions counselor over the phone to check on your application status and to let them know you are very interested in attending.
- Send us an essay or letter of recommendation that tells us you can’t wait to attend a school that is not Potsdam! We understand you have choices but the only school your essay to SUNY Potsdam should mention is SUNY Potsdam!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to ask for a letter of recommendation.
- Don’t forget to read your email and mail thoroughly for instructions from us.
- Don’t let your parents do all of your work. It will look better for you if you are making the effort to communicate with us directly.
- Don’t forget to let your school counselor know you applied!
- Don’t hesitate to call our office if you have questions or concerns. 315.267.2180
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.