Posted on Monday, March 22nd, 2010 at 11:06 am under Events

Derek Pooley

The Receptions went GREAT! It was also so great to see Alumni of SUNY Potsdam.  I always love to hear the stories that the Alumni have to tell.

I saw Becky Fox a 2006 graduate of SUNY Potsdam.  She was a Music Education Major and now has a job in Buffalo as a Music Teacher!  She loves it! She was telling me that one of her favorite experiences at SUNY Potsdam was her last concert she played in.  She loved it! Becky said that it was by far the best concert she had ever played in, even to this day.  It was something that was really emotional for her and really meaningful to her.  I asked her why, and she said because that was the end of her 4 years at SUNY Potsdam, and that she saw it as the door closing to her college Career.

I see that as something totally different.  She saw it as an end to something, I see it as a beginning.  Becky told me that was the first time she felt like a real musician.  That feeling she had on that stage is something she feels everyday as a music teacher.  She loved music then, and she loves it now, and in my opinion, that moment is when that love was solidified.  SUNY Potsdam brought that feeling to her!

I really did enjoy my time in Buffalo and Rochester.  I WISH IT COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER!

GO BEARS!