Posted on Friday, April 9th, 2010 at 11:50 am under Events

Brian, Class of 2012

Today is our first day back from Easter break. We have really gotten spoiled over the past week with some truly gorgeous weather. Starting Thursday, Potsdam saw nothing but clear skies and high temps in the 70’s. I returned home on Friday night after a really pleasant drive and got to spend some time with my family. The next morning, I got up early to head to Rochester for a Frisbee tournament. Again, nothing but clear skies and heat (around 85) on Saturday. We didn’t win any games on the first day of the tournament, but I owe a lot of that to the skill of the teams we were playing. Teams like Hamilton and Union are very good and I think that we should be proud to have held them to a competitive score. I got very sunburned on Saturday and returned home exhausted.

I woke up early again Sunday and returned to Rochester for round 2 of the tourney. We fared better the second day (actually won a game!), despite having a lot less players than the day before. We got by with only one sub and had a good time.

As for this week, I’ve had to jump right back into the swing of things after break. I have an anthro test on Friday, followed by a presentation in my Geology of the Great Basin class. I’m also getting prepared for our big academic festival coming up at the end of this month. I’ll be presenting a project at the Research and Learning Fair, as well as sitting on a student panel for a tele-conference with Anderson Cooper. On top of that, it’s SGA budget time (spent 3 nights last week in 4+ hour meetings and will do the same tonight) and Ultimate Frisbee sectionals are this weekend in Ithaca!

It’s a busy time of year, but it’s also exciting. The Sabres clinched the Northeast division last night and are looking strong heading into the playoffs.

Ultimate Frisbee Team

Ultimate Frisbee Team