Posted on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 at 1:07 pm under Events

Becky, Class of 2014

Today was just an average day in Potsdam.  I woke up – a little later than normal because my first class was cancelled – and headed to Dexter’s.  My friends here always pick on me because I’d never been there before.  Dexter’s is one of the places you can eat on campus, and it’s only open for lunch.  With my class schedule, I never really got the chance.  I wasn’t willing to pass up the opportunity this time!  It’s worth all the hype – SOOO GOOD.  I definitely see the rest of my flex dollars being spent here over the next few weeks!

After Dexter’s, I walked into the academic quad to see what seemed to be a gorilla art project.  It was a design made out of water bottles on the lawn between Satterlee and Crumb Library.  You never know what you’ll see here!  There are so many artists, singers, dancers, actors, musicians…it’s such an artistic place.  That’s one of the main reasons I fell in love with Potsdam and chose not to go through with my plans to transfer out.  I’ve never been in another environment so filled with creativity!

Water Bottle Design

The rest of my day was pretty normal… Modern class, then Caribfunk.  Professor Carey came back from her trip to London for a dance conference and the first day with her back teaching Caribfunk was certainly a workout!  I left class completely exhausted and wishing I had hit the gym more during the 2 weeks she was gone.  Lesson learned!

This week is going to be really busy.  I have a ton of rehearsals for the Student Choreography Concert which is only 18 days away!  I’m starting to stress about that, on top of the ridiculous amount of papers and projects I have due as the semester gets closer and closer to the end.  I can’t wait for Thanksgiving break… it’ll be nice to finally have some downtime!  I still think I’ll spend a good portion of my car ride doing homework, but it’ll all be worth it when grades come in… I hope!  I’m just hoping the next 8 days go smoothly and quickly so I can get back home for a few stress-free days.  In the meantime, I’ve got essays to write!