Posted on Monday, February 14th, 2011 at 3:27 pm under Events

Vincent, Class of 2013

This week I finally ran out of the food that came down to college with me.  It was probably enough to satisfy three people for a good four weeks but I polished it all off in about two.  As expected of course, in college eating becomes more of a pastime rather than nourishment.  After all my granola, dried fruit, Kashi products, and vitamin water was long gone from my closet shelves I decided it was time to finally hit up the stores in town.  Although wal-mart is normally where you can find college students shopping, I decided to go against the grain and hop on over to the Potsdam food co-op.  It’s a nifty little establishment that has vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and organic products for a healthier selection.  Personally, I enjoy the wide selection of organic and fair trade breads the place has to offer.  There are also local farm cheeses and an aisle devoted to eco-friendly cleaning products.  It’s like a Whole Foods on a smaller scale and very friendly on the college sized budget.  If you happen to be up in good old Potsdam for a visit anytime soon, check out this hidden gem.