Posted on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 at 1:26 pm under Events

Brian, Class of 2012

This past weekend is one that I wish I could relive for years to come. Warm, sunny days do wonders for someone’s disposition, and everyone seemed to be in a great mood this weekend. On Saturday, I walked down to Ives Park (a town recreational park along the Racquette River; great sunsets there!) to see a few friends play in their bands at the gazebo. I met up with a large group of people and got a chance to see some old friendly faces, as well as meet some new ones.

The music was great, and in my opinion, nothing beats throwing a frisbee along the Racquette on a beautiful day. Sunday was great, too. I got to play a good deal of guitar outside and got some reading in under the bright clear skies.

It’s amazing to think that in a month I will be in Elko, NV starting my summer internship with the Barrick Gold Corp. I have a lot of friends who will be graduating on May 22, so I’m making it a point to make the most of our remaining time together.

One last thing that I would like to point out; it is much easier to buckle down on work at the end of the fall semester when the snow is falling than it is to study at the end of the spring semester in the bright, warm sunlight.

Spring has sprung!