Posted on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 at 4:09 pm under Events

Brian, Class of 2012

It’s finals week! Believe it or not, I find this last week much more relaxing than the last week of classes. There are no assignments, projects, or labs due this week and all that is necessary is to be prepared for exams. I have three finals to take care of and then my junior year is in the books. Just off the top of my head, here are a few things that I will miss about this year:

1) Mineralogy and Geochemistry. Two of my favorite classes that I’ve ever taken, also some of the most challenging. These courses opened me up to possibilities for a career path and gave me some direction in regards to graduate school.

2) My townhouse. Living in the townhouses was a nice change for me this year. I’ve gone from a double in Knowles my first year, to a suite in Lehman my sophomore year, to a townhouse this year. Next year I will be in an off-campus apartment, so you could say that I have seen the entire spectrum of housing in Potsdam. Definitely going to miss the kitchen, the dishwasher, and especially the unlimited use of laundry services.

3) Frisbee club. I am going to be in Elko, Nevada all summer and I think that it’s safe to say that the culture for ultimate is probably not the same that it is in the east.

4) Music. My housemate formed a band this year and they had a great deal of success playing in the Potsdam area. I’m proud to say that I was one of their most consistent fans, singing and dancing (like a moron) at most of their shows. I also got a few chances to make guest appearances playing guitar, as well.

5) Friends. Obviously.

Good luck to everyone on finals! Below are a few photos of a game of Ultimate that Frisbee Club organized this Saturday. It rained steadily the whole time, but it was a great time, and the turnout was fantastic.

Ultimate Frisbee

Ultimate Frisbee