Posted on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 at 2:41 pm under Events

Becky, Class of 2014

The past few days have been a big change from the crazy busy schedule I’ve been juggling all semester.  Now that the concerts are all finished and classes have ended, I have pretty empty days.  All that’s left to do is write a few papers and study.  For most students, the academic preparation period leading up to finals week can be one of the most stressful parts of the semester.  For me, it’s the opposite.  I’ve been so busy all year that this is actually a much slower pace than I’m used to.  Plus, it helps that I’ve been on top of all my classwork and assignments all semester, so there’s not sure a huge stress placed on my final score.

I’ve been spending a lot of time with my friends lately.  Several of them are graduating so I want to see them as much as possible before they go.  It’s going to be so strange next year without them!  Last night a few of us went to Taco Bell—a tradition in our social circle.  My friend, Jesse, and I carried this with us from our hometown, Sidney.  It’s not that simple in Potsdam, given that the nearest Taco Bell is half an hour away in Massena.  It’s kind of nice though because it gives us extra time to spend with each other on the trip.  It’s true what they say: it’s not the destination, but the journey.  But the delicious Mexican fast-food in the middle of the night makes the destination pretty worth it as well.

The last few days have also been consumed with packing and moving some of my stuff into storage.  Note to all: get your friends to help you move.  It’s a pain, but it’s much more enjoyable when you have someone to laugh with while you’re hauling boxes down stairs.  In the mess of my room created by packing, I managed to lose my BearCard, our form of a SUNY ID.  The card has all of our meal information on it, as well as our Bear Express, a form of money that can be used around town like a debit card.  I wasn’t too worried, given that I only have a few days left, but after 24 hours of living off the few granola bars I had in my room I decided it was worth the $10 fee to get a new one.  I spent literally my last $10 on that darn card.  Good thing I have a paycheck coming in Thursday!