Posted on Monday, October 24th, 2011 at 4:30 pm under Events

Becky, Class of 2014

This weekend sparked an impromptu trip home.  I had a lot of family stuff going on, plus a good friend was having her baby shower and I wanted to go.  I thought that because of rehearsal I wasn’t going to be able to, but luckily things worked out in my favor and got moved around.  The baby shower was great (and no awkward shower games, yay!) and I was glad for the chance to catch up with some close family friends.  The rest of my time home was spent with my actual family, which was definitely well worth the trip in itself.

As soon as I got back to Potsdam, it was time to become a member of a new kind of family: the Alpha Psi Omega Fraternity and Theater Honor Society.  After several weeks of pledging, I was finally initiated and got my letters!  I was so excited that it was finally real, and that I’m an actual “brother” now.  I’m glad that I found a group that fits me so well, and that I’m able to be surrounded by such a talented and supportive group of people.  My real family means the world to me, but it’s amazing to be surrounded by my APO family at Potsdam!

Becky and Val, her "big" in APO, after initiation