Posted on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 at 12:10 AM under Did you know?

Q. How do I open a file which name ends in “.pages” on a campus computer?

A. You don’t.  A .pages file was created with Apple’s iWork word processor program called (you guessed it) Pages.  SUNY Potsdam standardizes on Microsoft Office for its word processing and spreadsheet needs.  If you own a Mac and have iWork and want to edit your documents on campus, you must use Pages’ “export” feature to save your document as a Word file before you bring that document to campus.

You can then edit the document on campus.  When you take it home, Pages should still open it.  But subsequent Saves will result in a .pages document again.  So always remember to export your document before bringing it to campus for editing!

Leave a Reply

This blog is kept spam free by WP-SpamFree.